DIY property consent orders

Table of Contents

If you are separated, need to finalise your property settlement, and you and your ex-partner have already reached an agreement on splitting your property, you’ll need to document the agreement so you both can move forward with your life separately.

This can be done with a consent order that is approved by a court or by a private written agreement.  Either option has the same effect as a court order made by a judicial officer after a court hearing, but the upside is you will not need to go to court.  Once the consent order is signed it means you agree with the orders and will follow the terms stated in the document.

Consent orders about property can include the transfer or sale of property and superannuation, as well as outline details of your separation and divorce. For those using a private written agreement, you and your ex-partner must both have received independent legal and financial advice before signing the agreement for agreement to be legally binding.

Shanahan Family Law understands how tough break-ups are and has purposefully designed a fixed fee Property Consent Order package to help parties who have already reached an agreement save on costs, move forward with their individual financial journey and make it a stress-free process.  By ordering this package, you can finalise your property relationship without incurring unnecessary legal fees, have the support of our family law expert team of professionals, and achieve family court approval of your agreement.

Our fixed fee Property Consent Order package includes

  • The Property Application kit for you and your ex-partner to document all the relevant information required
  • A consultation with our expert team to discuss your family law matter, so you have the peace of mind that any agreement you’ve finalised is an agreement that you are happy with
  • A Review and preparation of your draft application to ensure that it meets the requirements of the Courts
  • Partner witness and signing services
  • The Court filing of your final application
  • A Copy of certified Court Orders emailed directly to you.

If you need more information please contact us on (07) 5408 4470 or email us at

Scroll to Top
Book initial consultation

Share your family matter with us and we will call you.

If your matter is urgent, please call us on (07) 5408 4470