Our family law team are parents too. We know first-hand what parenting entails, from the emotional, spiritual, and academic development of raising children to the logistical difficulties of commuting to and from school and extra-curricular and social activities.
Where to go for coffee
Is it time for a coffee yet? There is something extraordinary about coffee: it gives you a few minutes to sit down, breathe and enjoy a moment to yourself. For this reason, our team thought to share their top kid-friendly cafés on the Sunshine Coast (in no specific order) for you to grab your next fix.
- Mum’s the word on this café in Nirimba, Aura. This café boasts a fantastic coastal-themed kid play area where your children can engage in creative play, leaving you to enjoy the sun out on the timber deck. Check out Mummy’s café for their upcoming events.
- Across from our offices in the Kon-Tiki Business Centre, the Sunshine Coast Plaza has opened up the new high ropes course. We recommend having a coffee at Banjos because its proximity to the high ropes course allows you to take photos under the shade whilst enjoying a coffee. Kids burning some energy, and you getting a moment of peace? That’s a win in our books!
- The Velo Project at Mooloolaba has a Little Harry’s Club unicorn chino and milk bottles that will make any little kid’s heart sing! You’ll find a shaded kids’ area out the back with enough toys to keep your children busy while you sip. It is so good that you may skip the coffee and join in on the imaginative fun.
- The Ginger Café in Yandina may be an oldie, but it’s a goodie! It may be time to spend the day exploring with a reward of coffee at the end. The historical train or the sub-tropical gardens are bound to keep your little one’s attention captivated. Check out their website for special events to plan your visit around.
- The Garden Café in Maroochydore is a great option for parents wanting to be out and about. This café is only open during the week, so you must plan your visit accordingly. After your coffee, why not do the Whipbird Experience at the Maroochy Regional Bushland Botanic Garden? This walk takes place in a beautiful, interactive space with a wonder-filled experiential garden. The garden features a children’s library with fact and fiction featuring indigenous plants and animals.
We hope you enjoy our recommendations!
Do you, a friend, or a family member need assistance during a separation? Contact Shanahan Family Law for your no-obligation chat at our Maroochydore office (or online) to help navigate a difficult time.